Based in Vancouver, BC
March, 28th - 2017
Explorers rejoice! Players can now explore the beautiful fantasy-scapes of Outcast Cove for free on the Daydream platform, while unlocking Shanty Seas, a whole new world with twice the content and playtime for $5.99. Hidden Fortune is an adventurous treasure hunt through a virtual world of charm and enchantment. As a sorcerer on a daring rescue mission, players must use their magic—cast with the Daydream Controller—to explore the vivid world around them, solve challenging puzzles, and collect peculiar trinkets to aid in their quest. “Re-creating Hidden Fortune on Daydream allowed the team to reimagine the game with the added dimension of directing gameplay via the Daydream VR controllers,” said Kurt Busch, Studio Head at Archiact. “This adds greater depth and more intuitive gameplay to the adventure.” Archiact is excited to bring forth the lush artwork and incredible immersion that Hidden Fortune is known for to the Daydream platform. Players will solve tiered puzzles, meet quirky characters, and uncover secrets and treasures alike in this humourous VR title.
When we at Archiact were tasked with concepting a fresh new game for VR, we drew upon two sources of inspiration: our extensive experience in the hidden object genre, and a desire to breathe new life into a classic game style. The notion of exploration and object-discovery in a completely virtual world drove us to create Hidden Fortune. From the very start, we wanted to make sure we got this game right. Through multiple prototyping sessions across three development cycles, we pinned down what mechanics and puzzles worked best. These discoveries were packed into the game, along with a fun, charming art style, and a story full of characters that make us laugh.
- Cast Your Magic: Swing the Daydream Controller to capture trinkets, make charming new acquaintances, and solve tricky puzzles.
- Draw the Wands: These collectible magic devices enable seamless interaction with the virtual world. Orienting intuitively to your hand’s movements, each Wand has unique art and visual effects.
- Replayable Challenges: Each quest in Outcast Cove and Shanty Seas offers three levels of difficulty to test your wizarding skill.
Daydream Launch Trailer YouTube
Gear VR: Shanty Seas Trailer YouTube
Gear VR: Mystic Mastery Update YouTube
Gear VR: Launch Trailer YouTube
Gear VR: Trailer Announcement YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "None yet" TBD
- "Hidden Fortune takes the ‘Hidden Object’ genre to new levels of fun. This is like no other hidden object game you might have played before."
- VR Staff, The VR Shop Review for Daydream Version
- "It’s a VR title which works great and also excels at feeling original and fresh."
- Gary Dewfield, theVRgrid Review for Gear VR Version
- "…a great example of why Hidden Object games work so well in VR."
- VR Staff, The VR Shop Review for Gear VR Version
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Made with Unity madewith.unity.com.
Archiact is a premium virtual and augmented reality studio headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with an additional office located in Shanghai, China. Archiact specializes in virtual reality game development, publishing, and custom business solutions. As the host of CVR, North America’s first consumer-facing VR/AR/MR conference and expo, Archiact actively powers the growth of the VR industry for both businesses and customers alike. Founded in 2013, Archiact is now one of the world’s largest dedicated immersive reality studios.
More information on Archiact, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hidden Fortune Credits
Archiact Mobile Team
Archiact Entertainment Team
Thanks for everyone at Archiact who supported the Mobile team with additional development and feedback to make sure we developed the best game we could for Gear VR and Daydream.